Most cyclists are aware of the dangers of riding a bicycle on a busy road, and they take the necessary precautions to prevent accidents. However, like any mode of transportation out there, accidents do happen even if you’re not at fault. If you’ve been injured in a bicycle accident in Ashland, you might be eligible for compensation from the at-fault party for all the damages and losses you incurred.
This compensation helps cushion you from any financial hardships caused by the bicycle accident. Consider hiring a bicycle accident lawyer to guide you through the entire legal process.
How an Ashland Bicycle Accident Lawyer Can Help Your Case
Since bicycles are small, fragile, and don’t have an outer covering around them, bicycle accidents usually leave cyclists at a disadvantage. If you’re involved in a severe bicycle accident, you will likely come out of it with severe and debilitating injuries. If you sustain serious injuries, you might be dealing with rising medical bills and lost wages.
You can benefit from legal assistance to help you navigate the events following the accident and ensure that you get the compensation you deserve.
A bicycle accident lawyer can do the following to help your case:
- Gather all the necessary evidence to support your case
- Review medical and police reports
- Interview any witnesses present on the day of the accident
- Enlist accident reconstruction experts to help determine liability and the cause of the accident
- Inspect and document any damage inflicted to your bicycle
- Advise you on all the essential laws that could influence your case
- Investigate the driving history of the at-fault party
- Communicate with the insurance company on your behalf
- Negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance company
- Represent you in court if the case goes to trial
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Ashland, call 800-333-9999
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents in Ashland
Like in any other city in the U.S., bicycle accidents in Ashland usually happen due to various reasons, including:
- Bicycle malfunctions
- Poor weather conditions
- Unsafe lane changes
- Aggressive or reckless driving
- Distracted driving
- Failure to give the right of way
- Opening car doors without checking incoming cyclists
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Motorists following bicycles too closely
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Running red lights and stop signs
Ashland Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Recoverable Damages in a Bicycle Accident Case
An Ashland bicycle accident lawyer can help you recover financial compensation for the following damages:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Reduced earning capacity
- Loss of consortium
Understanding Bicycle Laws
Under the law, a bicycle is considered a type of vehicle, and a cyclist is accorded the right to ride it on all roads. Therefore, cyclists must follow the same rules and regulations as other motor vehicle operators. This includes obeying traffic signs and yielding the right of way to pedestrians when needed.
Additionally, the states have laws that apply to cyclists when riding on public roads. Some may include:
- All bicyclists must have reflectors and lights to increase their visibility at night
- All motorists are required to maintain a distance of at least three feet when attempting to pass a cyclist on the road
- Two cyclists can ride side-by-side in the same line
- No bicycle is allowed to carry more persons at a go than it’s designed for
- Non-motorized bicycles are allowed to ride on sidewalks
- Cyclists are not supposed to move out of the way of fast traffic
- Cyclists should always ride as close to the curb as possible
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Determining Liability for a Bicycle Accident
Many people assume that the driver is always liable for a bicycle accident, but this is not true. Various parties may be at-fault for a bicycle accident, including the motorist, bicyclist, pedestrian, or another party who influenced the environment. For instance, if a bicyclist is riding along a public road without following traffic signs and being negligent, they may be liable for the injuries resulting from a bicycle accident.
If you’re planning on making a successful bicycle accident claim against any party, you should preserve evidence from the accident and hire a lawyer. An Ashland bicycle accident lawyer can analyze all the details associated with the accident and determine who is liable.
Statute of Limitations
There is a one-year time frame to file a personal injury claim within the statute of limitations in Kentucky. If the time elapses before filing the claim, your case can be deemed invalid, and you might lose your right to compensation. Ohio, Texas, and Indiana also have different laws.
Contact Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers for a Free Case Review
If you or your loved one has recently sustained injuries in a bicycle accident in Ashland, Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers can help. We can investigate your case thoroughly, gather all the evidence necessary to establish liability, and get you the compensation you deserve. We have recovered $1 billion in settlements for our clients. There are no upfront fees or costs unless we win or settle your case. Contact us today for a free case review and get started on your claim.