You’re driving on Interstate 69 when a truck suddenly pulls in front of you, and there’s no way you can avoid a collision. Your car is totaled, and you’re left with hefty medical bills, but it wasn’t your fault. What should you do?
Because of their size and weight, trucks have a great deal of mass. Truck accident injuries can be severe and life changing. Now is the time to think about hiring an Anderson truck accident lawyer.
What Are the Possible Causes of Truck Accidents?
The majority of truck drivers are highly trained professionals with experience in driving in all conditions. But accidents happen even to the best. Here are some possible reasons why:
- Poor truck maintenance—One possible cause of truck accidents is a faulty tire. The tire blows, the truck veers, and the driver loses control. In these cases, the law might decide that the truck company is liable.
- Speed—Drivers have to follow a tight schedule. Perhaps a driver is running late and tries to make up for the lost time. Speeding in a semi that weighs 80,000 pounds can have disastrous consequences.
- Driving while intoxicated—While most truck drivers won’t touch alcohol or drugs while working, some do. Some may also take amphetamines to stay awake.
- Fatigue—The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulates how long a driver can stay at the wheel without a break. Unfortunately, the law can’t guarantee that rest time is quality time. Some drivers spend days on the road, fatigue sets in, and accidents happen.
- Distraction—As we all know, driving long distances can be boring. It’s easy for drivers to lose concentration.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Anderson, call 800-333-9999
What To Do After a Truck Accident
- Make sure everyone is ok.
- Call 911 for police and ambulance. Get a police report of the incident.
- Take photos or videos of the scene. Try to include every aspect—your vehicle, the truck, road conditions, and signs. If you can’t do this, ask a witness to do it for you.
- Ask the truck driver for his contact and insurance details.
- Ask witnesses for contact information.
- Stay off social media. The other driver’s representatives might use anything that you post against you.
- Consider hiring an attorney.
Anderson Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-333-9999
Should I Hire an Attorney or Go It Alone?
There is no legal requirement for you to enlist professional representation. Here are some reasons why you might want help from a personal injury attorney:
- Legal proceedings are complicated. You must follow a certain procedure, and you don’t want to risk losing your case on a technicality.
- Your case will demand considerable time and energy. After an accident, perhaps it would be better to spend your time resting and recovering.
- The other party’s representatives will be seasoned professionals. They may do everything they can to reduce your award or have the case dismissed.
- Do you know what to claim for? You might underestimate the value of your case.
Legal Representation in Anderson, Indiana
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers represents clients in Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio, so our firm is a good option for Anderson residents who have suffered a truck accident.
A Strong Reputation
You will find that Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers has an excellent track record. We have recovered over $2 billion in compensation for our clients. This is a success rate that speaks for itself.
We are successful because we care. Our team of attorneys pursue cases with dogged determination—an approach that our co-founder, Darryl Isaacs, demands. Darryl’s nickname is “The Hammer,” reflecting the uncompromising firmness with which he and his team defend our clients’ interests.
Our attorneys make formidable opponents but offer dedicated support for our clients. We treat our clients with respect and dignity and make sure they are kept informed during every step of the legal process.
We’re Not Afraid of Going to Trial
Most accident cases never reach court, and the opposing parties settle before things get that far. However, if you do need to appear in court, don’t worry. Our team will thoroughly prepare you in the mock courtroom.
No Win, No Fee
If your claim moves forward, we won’t charge a fee until we settle or win your case. If the insurance company approaches you about a settlement, you might be tempted to represent yourself, but that’s rarely a good idea.
Don’t accept the first offer that the other driver’s insurance company makes. It is likely the lowest amount they think you’ll accept. With our extensive experience to back us up, our team might be able to help you claim more.
Establishing Liability and Gathering Evidence
After you hire us, your representatives will investigate the circumstances of your accident in detail. We will interview witnesses, visit the scene, and establish where liability lies. In some accidents, more than one party shares liability. Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers will determine this and calculate your award.
Of course, every accident is different, and there are various possible outcomes to any legal case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Do I Contact Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers?
Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers knows that accidents can happen anytime. For this reason, we are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you prefer to speak Spanish, Spanish-speaking attorneys and paralegals will be happy to assist you.
Your initial consultation is free and confidential. During this conversation, Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers will advise you about whether you should proceed. This consultation places you under no obligation.
IC § 34-11-2-4 places a time limit on personal injury cases in Indiana, so don’t delay. If you’ve been hurt in an accident, act fast and contact Isaacs & Isaacs Personal Injury Lawyers as soon as you can. Call 1-800-800-8888.